Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Oct 5th..

Ok mom so lets talk about Max's airport thing. I got the pictures and I am just so happy to know that he is in the MTC right now. He is going to have so much fun! Now we just gotta get Nathan prepped and Bam!!!! missionary extravaganza??? Yes that is how you spell it anyways.

Ok mom so this week we started off monday by going by the Familia campos house on monday. This was after P-day of course and there we gave Hno. Campos a blessing of comfort. We left and went to Gabriel and Yawdy's. Monday was his birthday so I cooked him a brownie cake with M&M's and he loved it so that is what I can say about that day :) just thought I would make you proud mom :).

Next on tuesday we had disctrict meeting as usual in the morning and went to find some less actives and we found to people 2 people actually that we had now clue were members??? There was this one Puerto Rican and another El Salvadorian lady who hadn't been to church for years. Let's just put it this way. The Puerto Rican Lady is 29 years old and has 2 kids. And she started telling us how the last time she went she went out with her friends to plan for behives. Long!


Thursday, we visited this family who consist of a 21 year old girl named Alma, who has a daughter, and a husband to her named Raul, I think he is 20 and is a member. So both of them we are teaching and it's tough to get time with them because they are so poor right now and phew........... They really need the gospel let's just say that.

Next, we went over to Gabriel and Yawdys and taught them about temples. It was crazy the questions they had about the people they wanted to baptize for the dead after their baptism. I know that when we taught them they really wanted to be baptized in that minute because alot of Gabriels Grandfathers died without the gospel. Strangely enough, that same day I found out that gabriel is from Cuernavaca!!!! and that they eat Grasshoppers in Mexico :) I know because I ate some. That's right more insects for me. I really can't wait to hear about max's experiences :)

Oh and we also found another less active named Joseph who is from jaruselem and it was so amazing to hear his testimony. He probably hasn't been to church in 20 years but said "I still have the same feelings for the church and I know that our church is the true church" This guys wife is a full on Jew!!!! She won't even shake my hand!!! But he has a solid testimony still. Also, I live by a school for Jews actually I never mentioned that before but all of them go to the school and all of them are asitic **Hassidic  Jews which means they all wear specific clothing and can't touch people who are unclean.... ect. Well of course Saturday was awesome and you wanna know why mom???? I got up a little early and made biscuits and gravy for my companions!!!!! Yep, kept the traditions strong. Now i could only get english muffins at wal-mart? Here in Jersey they don't sell biscuits at wal-mart. Ridiculous I know but non the less my companions enjoyed the meal :)...

Well we went to conference and I watched it in english because we set up a TV to watch separate from the chapel.  Well sunday was just as good I must say that the talk by Elder Holland was AMAZING and I was spiritually blown away.  Anyways, this place is great :)

Mom I love you I want you to know that I have two great companions who help me every day. Elder sopena wants you to know "you is da best in ever" ;) and Elder Ellsworth as well.
With love,
Elder gamez
PS. Jersey is da Bomb!

No comments: