Monday, September 28, 2009

So this week was bomb fo show!!!!! 9/28/09

Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:35:09

So this week was bomb fo show!!!!! We started this week teaching Pepe because he was going to get baptised. And it all came to gether for show! It was amazing. he said in his testimony after he was baptized that he wanted to end his life and was in a state of darkness and confusion. But through this church and the grace of our heavenly father his life was changed for ever. I couldn't help but cry mom. He really is a man who has been filled with the spirit of God. On tuesday I went over with the Zone leader Elder Gove and spent the whole day with him going on splits and contacting. It was actually funny all of his appointments juked him. I laughed so hard when I realized that maybe I am like a jynx for the Zone leaders. Anyways, on wednesday I finally got home and we went and visited this with Pepe again. He was really happy and excited for the baptism. I figured he would be. ON thursday we had our usual weekly planning session which was kind of interupted because one of the members daughters was having a birthday. So we met up with the members sons (moises) who is bomb! He does everything for us. He is about to leave on his mission as well. So we set up for the daughter and went back to planning. We then got juked by a couple of appointments and had dinner with Gabriel and Yawdy They fed us chip, sandwhiches and........ fried catapillars! I couldn't even believe I ate them but I did.
The food might not have been amazing but the Yawdy and Gabrial, they are really great! Gabriel can't wait to be baptized on November 8th but before that Married on November 7th with Yawdy! Well Friday we had corrolation with Hermano Duran (our ward mission leader) He is reall dedicated and shares his testimony only about the deepest doctrine I can even fathom. We also visited with the Family Samora(recent converts 2 years ago) and met with there son Fernando. We are hoping to get him to be baptized. He is a kid though. Just moved down from Dominican Repulic. Also, during the night on friday was Pepe's interview for the baptism and I don't think any person can top the word our district leader(Elder Lambert) told us...."he's ready!" :) Well saturday was all about preparing for the baptism which I must add was amazing. Pepe and his non-member wife gave their testimonies. they were beyound amazing for show! Well the next day I confirmed Pepe all in spanish.... Yes it is possible. Genaro(Yawdy's dad) got the Aaronic Priesthood. and about half the other members of the priest hood including Hermano Samora who recived the Aaronic and melquesidic, Moises who recieved the melquesidic, and Norbert who is another future missionary who recieved the melquesidic. All in all the metting was so spiritual! We left church and met up with one of the Bishopbric members from Chile Hermano Quesada. He was sitting there asking us how to say words like baptisms for the dead, and he starts going off about the deepest doctrine I have ever heard! It was flipin amazing. He is a man of God, that is for show! Well after my mind was done exploding from all the spiritual knowledge I recieved. I went home and went to sleep.
I just want you to know mom this place is the best place I could ever be. The gospel is true and I know that without a doubt.
With love,
Elder Gamez



Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now

No comments: